We Are A One Off
Sandbar opened in 1996 back when Grosvenor Street was an out-of the-way forgotten part of Manchester and partly occupies one of Manchester's last industrial era mills. We started out as a German and Belgian beer bar and at that time we had to import the beer ourselves and were the first to import beers such as Krombacher, which we still import today through Sandbar German Beer Co, meaning it is the real unpasteurised "purity-law" beer and not a licensed imitation brewed in the UK. These days we are more focused on local breweries and we are certainly spoilt for choice.
We accept card payments and several cryptocurrencies- including Bitcoin, Dash, Litcoin and Ethereum. We do not accept cash.
Monday bank holidays 16:00-00:00
Friday bank holidays 16:00-02:00
Most of the beers on draught are vegan. Please ask the staff at the bar for more information.
We genuinely care about the health of our environment and community and we regularly review our environmental impact with the aim of improving it.
We know there is a long way to go, but:
- our electricity supplier is Good Energy and is 100% renewable. They also supply us with green gas for our central heating.
- we got rid of our gas oven and now cook everything with electricity.
- we do not have straws
- our urinals are waterless
- our beer pumps run on O2 from a compressor instead of CO2
- we use low impact chemicals like ecover washing up liquids, floor soaps, etc
- our milkman delivers our milk in returnable bottles
- all our take away packaging is fully compostable
- we have significantly reduced the miles travelled by much of the stuff we buy
- where possible we buy organic and fairtrade and are particularly proud to be serving fairtrade cola on draught from Think Drinks in Bristol
- we encourage our staff to cycle to work, most of them do, and we support the maintenance of their bicycles
Proud To Work With: